We are looking for enthusiastic, responsible and committed people to join our teaching team.
Swim instructors need to be very passionate about what they do, and if you come with a positive attitude and the willingness to learn, we can provide the opportunity to further your development and education in becoming a qualified Swim Instructor.
Casual / Part-Time Position
(8-12+ hours per week)
Seal Swim School is looking for those interested in joining the Swim Teaching industry as either qualified Swim Instructors or Inductees into our training program.
Hours will include an evening and/or Saturday – See application form for specific times
How to become a
Seal Swim School Instructor:
- Attend an Induction Session – This will outline the Terms & Conditions of your employment
- Attend Training Sessions – Learning class types, skills & level progressions
- Attend Training Sessions – How to run & teach your classes
- Attend & Complete accredited Courses as outlined below – Unless already qualified
You will need to attend and complete 2 Courses
unless you already hold the following qualifications:
- Swim Australia Teacher of Babies & Toddlers – $280
- Swim Australia Teacher of Swimming – $280
BOTH qualifications require you complete 20 hrs voluntary training. These will be incorporated into your training as a Seal Swim School Instructor.
The great news is we will run these courses for you so you will not need to travel and we will provide all training.
These qualifications are recognised Australia wide and overseas.
What support is provided?
- Swim School introduction – An understanding of Seal Swim School’s philosophy & policies. Our program & the skills taught as well as how our classes are structured and why
- Buddy Shifts – You will be supported by an experienced instructor when you are trained and ready to begin taking classes
- Teacher Assessment – We will provide continued feedback & support to assist you to develop into a confident and capable Instructor
- Training & Development – We will provide professional development workshops with the Seal Swim Team, to assist with stroke development, lesson planning, behaviour or developmental issues & class control